We’re adding an extra lane on Bridge Inn Road between Plenty and Yan Yean Roads, installing new traffic lights, upgrading intersections and building a new bridge over Plenty River.
The Bridge Inn Road Upgrade is part of the Northern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
As part of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction
- install traffic lights at Cookes Road and Garden Road
- build a bridge over Plenty River and upgrade the existing bridge
- install safety barriers along the road
- upgrade the intersections at Schotters Road, Vantage Point Boulevard and Painted Hills Road
- install traffic lights near Ivanhoe Grammar School, including a pedestrian crossing to improve access to local schools
- build a new shared walking and cycling path.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the new Mernda train station
- enhance connectivity to residential developments and employment opportunities in the north
- provide easier access to the proposed Mernda town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.