We’re adding an extra lane on Childs Road between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue, replacing the roundabout at Bowman Drive with traffic lights and building a new bridge over Darebin Creek.
The Childs Road Upgrade is part of the Northern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
As part of the Childs Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue
- upgrade the roundabout with traffic lights at Bowman Drive
- build a new bridge over Darebin Creek and upgrade the existing bridge
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide an alternative route for east-west travel that avoids the South Morang and Epping town centres
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.