We're upgrading the M80 Ring Road from Laverton North to Greensborough.
What we've done
In May, we started major works to upgrade the M80 between Sydney Road and Edgars Road. You’ll notice that we’ve installed temporary traffic barriers and fencing, applied new line marking, reduced speed limits and set up work sites along the freeway.
In the past month we’ve:
- started building temporary construction access tracks between the Hume Freeway and the Edgars Road Greensborough-bound exit ramp
- relocated communications cabling for the smart freeway management system
- continued removing trees and vegetation to make space for the new lanes and ramps
- installed 7.6 kilometres of temporary traffic barriers and fencing, 40 kilometres of temporary road markings and set up work sites along the freeway.
What we're doing next
In July, we’ll:
- remove the retaining wall between the Mahoneys Road overpass and the Sydney Road Altona-bound exit ramp so we can widen and lengthen the ramp
- excavate to remove soil and rock from our work sites to prepare the ground for the new lanes
- install new drainage along the freeway
- relocate underground communication cabling at the Sydney Road Altona-bound exit ramp and Edgars Road Greensborough-bound entry ramp
- continue using excavators and rollers to build temporary access tracks between the Hume Freeway and the Edgars Road Greensborough-bound exit ramp.
- M80 Community update July 2020 (PDF, 337.2 KB)
- M80 Community update June 2020 (PDF, 276.6 KB)
- M80 Community update May 2020 (PDF, 435.6 KB)
- M80 Community update March 2020 (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- M80 Community update November 2019 (PDF, 369.4 KB)
- M80 Community update November 2019 - accessible version (DOCX, 24.2 KB)
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.