We’re building the new Mordialloc Freeway to connect the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the Dingley Bypass.
The Mordialloc Freeway will improve travel times and ease congestion in Melbourne’s south east, providing safer, more reliable journeys.
As part of the Mordialloc Freeway project, we’ll:
- build bridges over Springvale, Governor, Lower Dandenong and Centre Dandenong Roads, along with new freeway entry and exit ramps
- build bridges over Old Dandenong Road and sensitive wetlands
- connect the freeway to Dingley Bypass with traffic lights
- upgrade the existing interchange at Thames Promenade, Chelsea, with the Mornington Peninsula Freeway, along with freeway entry and exit ramps
- build a new shared walking and cycling path along the entire freeway.
Building the Freeway
We’ve received all planning approvals for the project and have awarded the contract to the McConnell Dowell Decmil Joint Venture.
We commenced construction in October 2019 and will complete the project by late 2021.
Map of Freeway
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.