We’re adding an extra lane between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway, upgrading intersections and building new walking and cycling paths.
The Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade is part of the South Eastern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs.
As part of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Thompsons Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- install new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- install new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrade intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce growing traffic pressure on the South Gippsland Highway
- improve access around Cranbourne town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.