We’re upgrading the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale to improve safety and reduce travel times.
31 kms of new lanes have been added to the Princes Highway between Traralgon and Sale as part of stages 1 and 2 of the Princes Highway East Upgrade to increase road capacity and improve safety along this section of the highway.
The Australian and Victorian Government invested $260 million for the first two stages of the upgrade, which included upgrades to nine sections of the highway. These nine sections have now been completed:
- Traralgon-Maffra Road and Stammers Road, Traralgon East
We added a new roundabout at the intersection of Rocla Road and Stammers Road.
- Stammers Road and Minniedale Road, Traralgon East
- Flynn to Rosedale
We added 8.3km of new lanes at Flynns Creek Road, Flynn and Byes Lanes, Rosedale.
- Nambrok – Stage 1
We added 2.8km of new lanes between east of Dennison Road to the east of Nambrok Road, Rosedale.
- Fulham – Stage 1
We added 2.9km of new lanes between west of Sale-Heyfield Road and Wurruk.
- Fulham – Stage 2
We added 2.7km of new lanes between west of Sale-Heyfield Road and west of Sale-Cowwarr Road.
- Wurruk to Sale
We upgraded and added new lanes to 4km of the highway to the west of Sale.
- Traralgon East 3
We added 3.9km of new lanes between Minniedale Road to the east of Sheepwash Creek Road.
- Nambrok – Stage 2
We added 3.4km of new lanes between east of Nambrok Road to the east of Maffra-Rosedale Road.
Funding has now been secured from the Victorian and Australian Governments for stage 3 of the Princes Highway East Duplication Project. This stage will complete the project, with a total of 43kms of new lanes added between Traralgon and Sale.
As part of the project we will:
- Add two additional lanes to provide a four-lane dual carriageway with a central median at:
- Flynn: East of Sheepwash Creek Road to west of Flynn’s Creek Road
- Kilmany: East of Maffra-Rosedale Road Nambrok to west of Sale-Cowwarr Road Fulham.
- Widen the shoulder of the road and install safety barriers and tactile edge lines
- Provide regular U-turn opportunities
- Upgrade 6 intersections
- Improve local road and private access to the highway, including a service road in the Kilmany township
- Separate the rail line and the highway with a road under rail solution at Kilmany
- Complete the final stage of the Princes Highway East Duplication Project between Traralgon and Sale.
This stage of the upgrade will make journeys between Traralgon and Sale quicker and safer by increasing road capacity and providing a consistent two-lane highway in both directions.
43 kms of duplicated highway
11 sections of upgraded highway between Traralgon and Sale
$513 million upgrade
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.