The level crossing near Merinda Park Station has gone and we’re working on duplicating 10.7km of Thompsons Road to improve traffic flow, safety and travel times.
We recently opened the first of two bridges we’re building over the Cranbourne train line - removing the level crossing near Merinda Park Station.
The northern bridge over Thompsons Road is now open with one lane in each direction, between South Gippsland Highway and Marriott Boulevard.
We’re now working on the southern bridge. Once complete, there will be two separate three-lane bridges on Thompsons Road.
As part of this upgrade, we’re also:
- duplicating Thompsons Road between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road, with at least two traffic lanes in each direction
- replacing the roundabout at Dandenong-Frankston Road with traffic lights
- replacing the roundabout at Western Port Highway with traffic lights
- replacing the roundabout at McCormicks Road with traffic lights
- building up to 10.7kms of shared walking and cycling paths.
The project is due to be complete in mid 2019.
10.7kms of new lanes
New walking and cycling paths
New bridges over train line and level crossing removed
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.