We're improving access to the freeway and popular tourist attractions in Werribee.
Duncans Road Interchange - Werribee
Works are progressing well with the successful demolition of the old Duncans Road bridge. The new bridge is now open to limited traffic. We’ve also reinstated the new intersection at K Road and Duncans Road.
There will be inbound and outbound double lane closures on the Princes Freeway near Duncans Road from Tuesday 7 July to Tuesday 14 July, 9pm to 5am.
Please plan ahead and allow extra travel time.
For more information about disruptions see Victoria’s Big Build.
Why the Duncans Road Interchange?
More than 11,000 cars and trucks use the Duncans Road interchange every day, with this number surging during events in the tourism precinct.
The interchange is a key route for a number of growing suburbs, connecting you to the Werribee town centre and Wyndham Harbour.
The existing bridge was opened in 1961 and struggles with today’s traffic volumes. Additionally, there’s no outbound freeway exit and no inbound freeway entrance to and from Geelong.
This upgrade will make traffic flow better, so you can get to where you need to be sooner and safer.
At the Duncans Road interchange we’re:
- building new exit ramps from the Princes Freeway to Duncans Road
- building a new bridge over the Princes Freeway, providing two lanes in each direction
- adding two new ramps for the Princes Freeway at Duncans Road with an entrance for Geelong-bound traffic and an exit for traffic coming from Geelong
- improving the intersection of K Road and Duncans Road
- building new walking and cycling paths along Duncans Road and safe road crossing areas.
Here are just some of the benefits you’ll experience when travelling on this busy road:
- improved journeys to world class tourist attractions, including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Werribee Mansion, the National Equestrian Centre and the Victorian State Rose Garden
- new ramps will make it easier to get to and from Geelong
- reduced congestion and increased safety by improving the busy K Road intersection
- better access for locals to shops and jobs.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.