We're upgrading the Forsyth Road Interchange to improve access to the Princes Freeway.
Forsyth Road Interchange, Hoppers Crossing
Works are progressing well on Forsyth Road. We’ve installed safety barriers around the site and are continuing earthworks. A reduced speed limit and lane closures are in place.
We’ve completed beam installations across the train line and Princes Freeway, a key milestone in being able to widen the Forsyth Road bridge, adding extra lanes.
Industrial Avenue is closed from the Forsyth Road roundabout until the end of April 2020, so we can continue works to straighten Old Geelong Road. Industrial Drive can be accessed via Old Geelong Road.
In February, March and April we’ll:
- continue earthworks at Ashcroft Ave, Old Geelong Rd, Forsyth Rd and the Geelong Bound off-ramp
- construct straightened new sections of Old Geelong Road heading towards the Forsyth Road intersection
- start works to remove the roundabout at Forsyth Road and Ashcroft Avenue in preparation for replacing the roundabout with traffic lights to improve safety and traffic flow
- continue works to widen the Forsyth Road bridge over the Princes Freeway and train line.
Why Forsyth Road?
More than 28,000 cars and trucks rely on the Forsyth Road interchange at Hoppers Crossing every day.
For several growing suburbs, the interchange connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Wyndham area.
Upgrading this interchange means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
At the Forsyth Road interchange we’re:
- adding an extra lane in each direction
- straightening Forsyth Road and Old Geelong Road to connect to Ashcroft Ave
- replacing the roundabout at Ashcroft Avenue with traffic lights
- widening the bridges over the Princes Freeway and the train line
- building new walking and cycling paths.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when travelling on this busy road:
- improved access to the Princes Freeway
- a better north-south connection, improving traffic flow and travel times for rapidly growing communities
- improved safety and journey reliability by adding extra lanes
- easier access for people to walk and cycle.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.