Victoria's transport program
Victoria is currently in a transport construction boom with over 35 major road and rail projects being built. But it’s not just about current works – we have plans underway for many projects that are set to transform the way Victorians travel.
Major road and rail projects
Major Road Projects Authority is delivering the biggest investment in regional and suburban roads in Victoria's history. Other projects that are part of Victoria's Big Build include:
- Metro Tunnel Project - which untangles the City Loop and lets more trains go through the city to and from suburbs across Melbourne
- Level Crossing Removal Project - removing 50 level crossings, improving road safety and traffic flow
- Regional Rail Revival - upgrading every regional passenger train line in Victoria
- West Gate Tunnel - which provides an alternative route into the city
- North East Link - Victoria's biggest road tunnel and project
- Major upgrades to roads like the M80 Ring Road, CityLink, Tullamarine Fwy and Monash Fwy
- Mernda Rail Extension project - which brings trains to growing outer suburbs in Melbourne's north.
Visit Victoria's Big Build website for more information.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.