As part of Major Road Project Victoria’s (MRPV) Civil Construction Technical Training Program, Pavement Construction on Major Road Projects covers best practice in pavement construction including the rationale and key considerations for construction design and methodology.
The course reflects the current specifications and standards for pavement construction for Victorian road and bridge projects and is delivered in partnership with the Australian Flexible Pavement Association.
Who is this training for?
Pavement Construction on Major Road Projects is designed for those who have some general knowledge and awareness of pavement construction works required to carry out specific tasks relating to pavement and surfacing design and construction.
The training has been designed in consultation with Major Road Projects Victoria, the North East Link Project, and the Victorian Department of Transport to reflect current specifications, standards and requirements and will cover:
- pavement design concepts, pavement selection and surfacing selection
- the selection of appropriate surfacing treatments
- materials used – binders, asphalt, aggregates
- design and construction of asphalt and sprayed sealed pavements and surfacings.
Additional material will be provided on:
- introduction to Flexible Pavements
- quality processes and assurance for delivered works
- safety and sustainability considerations.
The training will be delivered by Australian Flexible Pavement Association, along with presenters from:
- The Victorian Department of Transport
- Fulton Hogan.
Training delivery modes
- Training is offered online or in-person.
- Online classes will run over two consecutive half days.
- In-person classes will run over 1 day.
Online classes will cost $350 (+ GST) per participant.
In-person classes will cost $750 (+GST) per participant.
Training costs will be payable directly to AfPA and may be reimbursable under the new MRPV Program Delivery Approach contract, subject to review and approval by MRPV.
Reimbursements of training costs (where applicable) is linked to verifying attendance and completion of learning activities.
Training is available across multiple dates. Register via the button at the top of this page.
If you have any questions, please email MRPVemail@example.com.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.