2022 MRPV Graduate Program
Applications are now closed for 2022.
Join Major Road Projects Victoria (MRPV) through the Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs. Be part of delivering $80 billion of major transport infrastructure projects while gaining hands-on experience to develop your career.
At MRPV, we are super proud of our Graduate Program. It offers graduates an opportunity to work on transformation road projects that impact Victorians everyday including your very own family and friends.
You’re a great fit for our program if you:
- have a natural curiosity to learn
- love working as part of a team to solve problems
- take a flexible and adaptable approach to your work
- strive for excellence in all you do
- are passionate about making a difference – how you do it, not what you do.
As part of the MRPV Graduate Program, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Rotate through different areas of the business to give you a holistic understanding of how we deliver our projects
- Work with a career coach to define your learning journey. It’s important to bring your whole self to work and so we’ll do our best to create opportunities for you to do just that. Your Employment Programs Manager will work closely with you during your program to map out your career plan.
- Share your experience with the other MRPV graduates – our grads tell us this is the best part of the program!
Graduates from the 2020 program.
How do project preferences work?
Project groups will review your application at the final stage and take your preferences into consideration. This means that while we try to cater to your top preferences this is not always possible. If you have a strong preference for a project group, we suggest you indicate this in the questionnaire when applying.
How do I make sure my application stands out?
Make sure you read the eligibility criteria closely and submit all the required documents from the beginning. It’s important for us that you bring you whole selves to work, at MRPV we’ll look for any cool experiences you’ve had such as leadership or volunteer positions within the community and your ability to articulate your personality in the application.
What happens after I apply?
For a breakdown of the recruitment steps and timeframes please visit Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs.
The MRPV program
What should I consider when selecting a project preference?
Have a think about what their program has to offer (have a look at their websites) and how this aligns with your personal/professional goals.
- What kind of rotations are you after?
- Do you want to work on multiple projects within the same organisation?
- Do you want to experience all stages of a project life cycle?
- Will there be an opportunity for you to tailor your program to align with your interest areas?
What will my experience look like?
Every graduate will build their own journey which is the best part about the program! Learn more about our graduates experience.
How many graduates does MRPV currently have and how many will MRPV recruit to in 2022?
MRPV currently has 26 graduates across a wide range of disciplines. We are still finalising specific numbers, but if history is anything to go by, there will be between 10-15 opportunities available at MRPV across the disciplines for 2022.
What happens when the program finishes?
At the end of our program, we aim to pipeline graduates into VPS positions within their discipline eg. Civil Engineers into Project Engineer roles. This is subject to graduate performance and role availability within the organisation.
How to apply
- Have a look at Victoria’s Big Build Graduate Programs and review the eligibility requirements
- Select your relevant graduate disciple to find out more, including which projects are recruiting to that discipline
- Hit the ‘Apply Now’ button and complete the questionnaire, selecting MRPV as preference number one if we are recruiting to your discipline and if you’d like to come join our team!
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.