$3 billion to build better roads and create local jobs
Major congestion-busting upgrades to four of Melbourne’s busiest suburban thoroughfares will be kick-started early in the new year as part of a new approach to delivering vital road projects.
Early works will begin from January with local contractors delivering the projects at:
- Childs Road, Mill Park. Contractor - Ace Infrastructure.
- Fitzsimons Lane, Eltham and Templestowe. Contractor - BMD Constructions.
- Hallam North Road and Heatherton Road, Endeavour Hills. Contractor - Symal Infrastructure.
- Lathams Road, Seaford and Carrum Downs. Contractor - Winslow Infrastructure.
As part of a new partnership approach to road building contracts, a 20-strong panel of prequalified contractors has been established to deliver these first projects as well as a $3 billion pipeline of future vital road upgrades.
This will see these major upgrades move from paper to pavement sooner and easier - creating more jobs now and delivering the industry greater certainty into the future.
More projects will go into construction next year, with detailed planning currently underway for upgrades to:
- Craigieburn Road, Craigieburn
- Pound Road West and Frankston-Dandenong Road Bridge, Dandenong South
- Golf Links Road, Langwarrin South.
Upgrades to follow, as well as a series of other bridge rehabilitation projects are:
- Sunbury Road, Sunbury
- Bridge Inn Road, Doreen
- Healesville-Koo Wee Rup, Pakenham
- Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne
- Epping Road, Epping.
This new partnership approach will also be used to fast-track other vital projects, including:
- Narre Warren North Road, Narre Warren North
- South Road, Bentleigh
- Barwon Heads Road, Geelong
- Princes Highway East, Flynn and Kilmany.
These projects will mean more than 4,500 direct Victorian jobs and will support a further 11,000 jobs within the Victorian economy in industries such as manufacturing, freight and tourism.
Future road upgrades will be progressively awarded to pre-qualified contractors using the new model, with projects awarded based on the contractor’s capability, capacity, past performance and ability to deliver value-for-money solutions.
Find out more about our Projects.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.