Monash Freeway Upgrade Stage 2 contract awarded
CPB Contractors has been awarded the contract to deliver Stage 2 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade
With major construction set to begin in early 2020, the project will upgrade the Monash and Princes Freeways between Warrigal Road, Chadstone and Cardinia Road, Pakenham.
We’ll add 36 kms of new lanes on the Monash and Princes Freeways, between:
- Warrigal Road and Eastlink outbound
- Eastlink to Springvale Road inbound
- Clyde Road to Cardinia Road, in both directions.
- reconnect Police Road to the Monash freeway with an outbound on-ramp
- connect the Jacksons Road outbound ramp directly to Eastlink with a separate road
- add two extra lanes in each direction on O’Shea Road between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- upgrade the Beaconsfield interchange to widen the overpass, and add east facing ramps – we’ll also extend O’Shea Road, so it joins the interchange
- install smart, on-road technology across the freeways and extend the lane-use management system to the Beaconsfield Interchange
- build a shared walking and cycling path along O’Shea Road between Clyde Road, Berwick and the Princes Highway, Beaconsfield.
With funding secured from the Victorian and Australian Governments in early September, the $1.08b upgrade will slash 9 minutes off peak hour trips between Malvern and Pakenham for motorists and create up to 600 local jobs during construction.
Construction is expected to be completed in 2022.
For more information see the Monash Freeway Upgrade project page.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.