Stage 2 major works start on Plenty Road
Stage 2 of the Plenty Road Upgrade will provide a safer and more efficient route for Melbourne’s rapidly growing northern suburbs.
This stage will improve a 7km stretch of road between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road, busting congestion and delivering added safety upgrades for 35,000 people who use this road every day.
For Stage 2, we will:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Bush Boulevard and Bridge Inn Road
- upgrade 12 major intersections, including Bridge Inn Road, Waterview Drive and Francesca Drive
- install 9 new slip lanes, with 7 of those enabling drivers to merge onto Plenty Road more smoothly
- enhance turning access into Bellevue Boulevard by installing a signalised right-hand turn for northbound drivers
- improve cycling and walking facilities.
Full completion of Stage 2 of the Plenty Road Upgrade is expected in mid-2021.
Stage 1 of the Plenty Road Upgrade, between McKimmies Road to Bush Boulevard, was completed in mid-2019.
For more information see the Plenty Road project page.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.