What's happening on the Mordialloc Freeway
We’re building the Mordialloc Freeway to connect the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the Dingley Bypass.
So far we have:
- started building the bridge retaining walls at Old Dandenong Road
- brought in over two million tonnes of fill to build the freeway’s foundations
- laid more than 1.8km of 100% recycled drainage pipes
- installed 630 retaining wall panels.
We've also completed the pedestrian underpass structure at Braeside Park and we're continuing to move and protect more than 200 services in the area. We are now starting work to build the bridges over intersecting roads.
Governor Road closure
We’re closing Governor Road between Bate Drive and Burdekin Boulevard from 10pm on Sunday 23 August till 5am on Monday 5 October. During this time, we’ll complete 20 weeks of work in just six weeks, including:
- widening Governor Road to build the new turning lanes needed to enter and exit the Freeway
- installing drainage and laying new asphalt, complete temporary line marking
- starting work to build the bridge over Governor Road.
Weather conditions may aﬀect our progress, stay up to date by visiting Victoria's Big Build.
Find out more about the Mordialloc Freeway project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.