We’re upgrading Barwon Heads Road to make your journey safer and more predictable.
The project extends four kilometres from Settlement Road to Reserve Road.
As part of the project, we will:
- duplicate four kilometres of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road
- build a bridge over the railway line at Marshall, removing the level crossing
- upgrade intersections
- install new street lighting, road signage, drainage and landscaping.
We’ve marked points of interest on an interactive map, such as new intersections, pedestrian crossings, bridges and other areas of interest. You can enter your address or zoom in to see it in more detail, and click on the icons for more information. View the interactive map on the Engage Victoria website.
Once complete, the duplication will:
- improve traffic flow in the area, and make your journey safer and more predictable.
- improve access to active and public transport modes
- cater for 33,000 daily journey’s by 2031
- improve safety and reduce the severity and incidence of crashes.
Revised concept designs completed
4-stage planning process
$318.3m construction project
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.