We’re upgrading Barwon Heads Road to make your journey safer and more predictable.
The project extends four kilometres from Settlement Road to Reserve Road.
As part of the project, we will:
- duplicate 4kms of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road
- build a bridge over the railway line at Marshall, removing the level crossing
- upgrade intersections at Settlement Road and Breakwater Road
- install new traffic lights at Crows Road, Barwarre Road, Marshalltown Road and Reserve Road
- build 4kms of new shared walking and cycling path and dedicated on road cycling lanes
- install new street lighting, road signage, drainage and landscaping.
We’ve marked points of interest on an interactive map, such as new intersections, pedestrian crossings, bridges and other areas of interest. You can enter your address or zoom in to see it in more detail, and click on the icons for more information. View the interactive map on the Engage Victoria website.
Once complete, the duplication will:
- improve traffic flow in the area, and make your journey safer and more predictable.
- improve access to active and public transport modes
- cater for up to 44,000 daily journeys by 2031
- improve safety and reduce the severity and incidence of crashes.
Revised concept designs completed
4-stage planning process
Improve traffic flow in the area
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.