We’re upgrading Barwon Heads Road to make your journey safer and more predictable.
- 24 to 29 October: Northbound lane closed between Marshalltown Road and Tamala Avenue.
- 26 to 29 October: All lanes closed between Settlement Road and Breakwater Road.
- 3 to 10 November: All lanes closed between Marshalltown Road and Barwarre Road.
- 24 to 29 October: Northbound lane closed between Marshalltown Road and Tamala Avenue. (PDF File, 127.8 KB)
- 26 to 29 October: All lanes closed between Settlement Road and Breakwater Road (PDF File, 171.4 KB)
- 3 to 10 November: All lanes closed between Marshalltown Road and Barwarre Road (PDF File, 131.2 KB)
Temporary pedestrian detour
From early October to mid November 2021 there’ll be temporary changes to pedestrian movements around Settlement Road and Barwon Heads Road intersection and Breakwater Road and Barwon Heads intersection, as we complete water relocation works.
We’ll have detour and wayfinding signage in place to safely guide pedestrians around the area.
We’ll have electronic signage in place to keep you up to date with our latest works. You can also visit Victoria's Big Build for updates.
Maxwell Avenue closure
From mid October 2021 until mid 2022 access to Maxwell Avenue will close from Barwon Heads Road while we build retaining walls and the new northbound lanes.
A detour will be in place via Breakwater Road and Settlement Road.
Settlement Road intersection changes
From mid October to mid 2022 we’ll have temporary lane closures at the Settlement Road intersection while we complete works at the intersections of Settlement Road, Breakwater Road, Crows Road and Barwarre Road to remove medians and roll out barriers.
- Right turn from Settlement Road onto Barwon Heads closed.
- Left turn from Barwon Heads Road onto Settlement Road closed.
- Left turn from Barwon Heads Road North onto Settlement Road will be closed from mid-November 2021.
Temporary bus stop relocation
While we work, the Breakwater Road and Barwon Heads Road bus stop will be closed from early October 2021.
Bus routes 50, 51 and 55 will be available at a new temporary bus stop location 130 meters south at the entrance of the South Barwon Reserve.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.