We’re adding extra lanes on Bridge Inn Road between Plenty and Yan Yean Roads, installing new traffic lights, upgrading intersections and building a new bridge over Plenty River.
As part of the Bridge Inn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction
- install traffic lights at Cookes Road and Garden Road
- build a bridge over Plenty River and upgrade the existing bridge
- install safety barriers along the road
- upgrade the intersections at Schotters Road, Vantage Point Boulevard and Painted Hills Road
- install traffic lights near Ivanhoe Grammar School, including a pedestrian crossing to improve access to local schools
- build a new shared walking and cycling path.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the new Mernda train station
- enhance connectivity to residential developments and employment opportunities in the north
- provide easier access to the proposed Mernda town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.