We've upgraded Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
We’ve widened Chandler Highway and built a second, six lane bridge next to the existing bridge, providing welcome relief for the 44,000 drivers who rely on this crossing every day.
As part of the upgrade we've:
- widened Chandler Highway to 6 lanes
- restored the Chandler Highway heritage bridge to a walking and cycling path and into its existing condition
- upgraded the Heidelberg Road and Chandler Highway intersection
- added new traffic lights at the Chandler Highway and Yarra Boulevard intersection
- built safer cycling and walking paths connecting to the Main Yarra Trail
- landscaped around the Yarra River
- improved stormwater drainage and lighting.
Chandler Highway before and after
Click on the image and drag the slider to see the before and after views.
new 6 lane bridge
127 year old bridge for walking and cycling
$110 million upgrade
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.