We're upgrading Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
We’ll widen Chandler Highway to build a second bridge next to the existing one. We’ll convert the original bridge into a walking and cycling path.
As part of the upgrade, we’ll:
- widen Chandler Highway to 6 lanes
- upgrade the Heidelberg Road and Chandler Highway intersection
- add new traffic lights at the Chandler Highway and Yarra Boulevard intersection
- build safer cycling and walking paths connecting to the Main Yarra Trail
- landscape around the Yarra River
- improve stormwater drainage and lighting.
New intersection complete
We've completed a new intersection on Chandler Highway at the YarraBend development site. This prepares the highway for you to enter and exit the site once the new homes are complete. You won't be able to enter the site from the highway just yet, but you can use the lights to cross safely on foot or do a U-turn.
new 6 lane bridge
126 year old bridge for walking and cycling
$110 million upgrade
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.