We're upgraded Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
Basin and path maintenance
In March 2020, we performed some maintenance works on and underneath the Chandler Highway bridge. This included:
- strengthening the walls of the basin to prevent any water from overflowing in future
- repairing the damaged parts of the path to return them to good condition
- adjusting the alignment of the path along the Yarra River to improve pedestrian safety
- improving landscaping and weeds, as well as general clean-up in the project area.
These works were directly informed by the feedback we received from the community. Thank you for your continued interest and support of the project.
Other maintenance works
In March we also completed some maintenance work on the Chandler Highway Road, heritage bridge and other surrounding areas.
These works included:
- graffiti removal
- minor rectification works on the basin and path
- line markings on Yarra Boulevard
- addition of tactile paving to Mills Boulevard
- signage installation/relocation.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we completed these works.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.