We're upgrading Chandler Highway to improve traffic flow between Melbourne's inner east, south and north.
Walking and cycling
As part of the Chandler Highway Upgrade, we’re making it easier for you to walk and cycle in the area. You’ll enjoy better connections, safer crossings and more direct routes.
New life for an old bridge
To preserve the heritage value of the old Chandler Highway bridge we've converted it into a walking and cycling path.
Better links to trails
To make it easier for you to walk and cycle around your local area, we’ve:
- added better connections to existing trails, such as the Anniversary, Darebin and Main Yarra trails
- completed a ramp from the Main Yarra Trail to Yarra Boulevard, to replace 70 steps
- built a new underpass that links the Main Yarra Trail from east to west on the south side of the Yarra River.
Safer walking and on-road cycling
To make it safer for you to walk in the area and ride your bike on the road, we've:
- added a new northbound on-road bike lane over the new bridge to Heidelberg Road
- added new traffic lights at the Yarra Boulevard and Chandler Highway intersection.
- mark on road head start and hook turn boxes for bikes at intersections.
See our fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.