We’re adding an extra lane on Childs Road between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue, replacing the roundabout at Bowman Drive to traffic lights and building a new bridge over Darebin Creek.
As part of the Childs Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue
- upgrade the roundabout to traffic lights at Bowman Drive
- build a new bridge over Darebin Creek and upgrade the existing bridge
- add a pedestrian operated traffic light to the crossing at the left turn from Dalton Road onto Childs Road
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide an alternative route for east-west travel that avoids the South Morang and Epping town centres
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Local traders looking to provide services for the Childs Road Upgrade can email us or call on 1800 105 105.
Early works starting Jan 2021
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.