We’re adding extra lanes on Craigieburn Road between Hume Highway and Mickleham Road as well as upgrading intersections and building better walking, cycling and public transport connections.
The Craigieburn Road Upgrade is part of the Northern Roads Upgrade which will improve six main roads in Melbourne’s northern suburbs.
As part of the Craigieburn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Mickleham Road and the Hume Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Mickleham Road, Waterview Boulevard and Hardy Street
- build new walking and cycling paths
- install new traffic lights at Balyang Way, Dorchester Street and Cimberwood Drive
- upgrade the intersections at Vantage Boulevard, Aitken Boulevard, Lygon Drive, Bridgewater Road and Hanson Road
- install a new pedestrian crossing with traffic lights near Craigieburn Sports Stadium
- upgrade the pedestrian crossing at Craigieburn Plaza
- install bus priority lanes where space permits
- install safety barriers both along and in the middle of the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the Hume Highway and northern activity centres
- improve bus service reliability along Craigieburn Road
- support better connections for the community and businesses in Craigieburn
- improve access to Craigieburn train station
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.