We’re adding extra lanes on Craigieburn Road between Hume Highway and Mickleham Road as well as upgrading intersections and building better walking, cycling and public transport connections.
As part of the Craigieburn Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add extra lanes in each direction between Mickleham Road and the Hume Highway
- replace the roundabouts at Mickleham Road, Waterview Boulevard and Hardy Avenue with traffic lights
- install new traffic lights at Balyang Way, Dorchester Street and Cimberwood Drive
- upgrade the intersections at Vantage Boulevard, Aitken Boulevard, Lygon Drive, Bridgewater Road and Hanson Road
- install a new and upgrade an existing pedestrian crossing with traffic lights near Craigieburn Sports Stadium and Craigieburn Plaza
- install bus priority lanes
- install safety barriers along sections of the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better access to the Hume Highway and northern activity centres
- improve bus service reliability along Craigieburn Road
- support better connections for the community and businesses in Craigieburn
- improve access to Craigieburn train station
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.