We’re building the 6km Drysdale Bypass between Jetty Road and Whitcombes Road to improve safety and ease congestion on the Bellarine Peninsula.
The Drysdale Bypass stretches 6km from Jetty Road to the north of Whitcombes Road.
The upgrade will provide many benefits to locals and visitors including:
- less trucks on High Street, making the centre of Drysdale safer
- less congestion at peak times at the intersection of Portarlington, Grubb and Jetty Roads
- building a shared walking and cycling path along the bypass, plus additional paths to connect to existing ones
- creating safer access to schools, including building an underpass for pedestrians
- smoother and more efficient travel along the Bellarine Peninsula, especially during holiday season.
Drysdale kids amazing dig
Tools used for hunting, cutting and scraping were just some of the unique Aboriginal artefacts found by 500 students from four schools in Drysdale.
Watch the video below to learn more about this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Meet the team
The Drysdale Bypass team recently provided an opportunity for the community to meet and discuss the project.
Watch the video below to find out more.
Improved travel times
Shared walking and cycling path
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.