As part of the largest transport infrastructure project in northern Victoria, we’re building a second Murray River crossing to connect Echuca and Moama to make it quicker and easier for you to travel across the Campaspe and Murray rivers.
Campaspe Esplanade permanent closure
To prepare for construction of your new river crossing, from Wednesday 8 April 2020, we’ll be closing Campaspe Esplanade permanently between Hansen and Warren Streets so we can connect Warren Street to the new bridges over the Campaspe and Murray rivers.
For details about the local traffic detours, see the map below.
Update on Stages 3 and 4
Throughout April, you’ll notice a range of activities continuing around Victoria Park and also near Boundary Road, Cobb Highway, Perricoota Road and Meninya Street in Moama.
In Echuca we’ll:
- finish building the temporary construction support sites
- build temporary access and haulage roads at various locations within the project area
- change access routes for vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians in Victoria Park and to the boat ramp
- close access to Scenic Trail (formerly Scenic Drive) from the western end of Crofton Street from late April until 2022
- permanently close Campaspe Esplanade between Hansen and Warren Streets from 8 April 2020
- remove trees and vegetation so we have room to build the new road and bridges.
In Moama we’ll:
- start building temporary construction support sites at Boundary Road, near Cobb Highway and the Moama Marketplace
- relocate services such as power, water, gas and telecommunications on Cobb Highway, Boundary Road, Perricoota Road, Francis and Meninya streets
- remove trees to build the new bridge connection into NSW
- build temporary access and haulage roads from Boundary Road to the Murray River.
We’ll work from 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 1pm, Saturdays.
The timing of these works may change depending on weather and ground conditions. Some works may need to be undertaken at night to minimise impacts on local traffic or utility services. If this needs to happen, we’ll let you know in advance.
For more details about the project’s activities for Stages 3 and 4 view our April 2020 Construction Update below.
For more information about what we've been up to see our latest community update:
- Echuca-Moama Bridge Construction Update April 2020 (DOCX, 461.4 KB)
- Echuca-Moama Bridge Construction Update February 2020 (DOCX, 463.0 KB)
- Echuca-Moama Bridge Community Update December 2019 (PDF, 918.6 KB)
- Echuca-Moama Bridge Community Update August 2019 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Echuca-Moama Bridge Community Update March 2019 (PDF, 6.4 MB)
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.