As part of the largest infrastructure project in northern Victoria, we’re building a second Murray River crossing to connect Echuca and Moama to make it quicker and easier for you to travel across the Campaspe and Murray Rivers.
Stage 3 of the Echuca-Moama Bridge Project involves building a new link road between Echuca and Moama. The new link road includes:
- a new two-lane road (one lane in each direction) with sealed shoulders north of the new roundabout on Warren Street in Echuca to the Cobb Highway in Moama
- new bridge over the Murray River and floodplain
- new bridge over the Campaspe River and floodplain
- two new flood relief bridges
- safety barriers
- noise walls
- a new safe and scenic shared walking and cycling path along the route and over the new bridges.
The bridges will integrate with the surrounding natural environment, with a simple and clean ‘bridges through the treetops’ design, and clear spans over the two rivers will minimise environmental disturbance to the waterway and aquatic habitat.
Works will commence in early 2020. We are currently expecting the project to be completed in late 2022.
New bridge over the Murray River (artist impression – subject to change).
New bridge over the Campaspe River with separated walking and cycling path (artist impression – subject to change).
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.