We're upgrading Fitzsimons Lane to make it easier and safer to get you where you need to be.
Median strips and inspecting services
From Sunday 12 September until November 2021, there’ll be 24/7 northbound and southbound lane closures on Williamsons Road, Templestowe, between Serpells Road and Atkinson Street to prepare the area for the new intersection.
During this period, we’ll also need to occasionally undertake night work between 7pm and 6am. Impacted residents will be notified of additional occasional night works.
Works will include
- installing barriers on Williamsons Road, north and south of the Foote Street intersection
- removal of median strips, vegetation and existing line marking
- saw cutting the road to install traffic detector sensors in the road
- minor excavation and preparing for drainage upgrade works.
Due to the nature of these works we’ll contact residents who are directly affected when works are occurring close to their property.
What to expect
While we carry out the works you can expect the following:
- noise from equipment and machinery such as generators, excavators and reverse warning systems
- directional light from the work area angled away from properties where possible
- vibration and dust which will be monitored and managed
- no on-street parking south of Foote Street, along the western side of Williamsons Road
- right hand lane closures until the end of November 2021.
We’ll temporarily close the bus lanes in both directions of Williamsons Road between Serpells Road and Atkinson Street while we carry out the works. We'll also need to close a section of a northbound traffic lane through the Foote Street intersection. These lane closures will be in place 24/7 with a reduced speed of40km/h.
Access to all residences will be maintained during these works.
Bus stop relocations
We've temporarily relocated and closed five bus stops near the Foote Street and Williamsons Road intersection.
The nearest bus stops will be clearly sign posted and more information can be found on ptv.vic.gov.au.
While we work to upgrade drainage at Foote Street east of Williamsons Road, we’ll need to remove some trees and shrubs that are located over the works area. This vegetation is on the median and around the intersection. Impacted residents have been notified.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.