We're upgrading Fitzsimons Lane to make it easier and safer to get you where you need to be.
Works are underway to convert the Porter Street intersection to traffic lights and from 8 September until 30 November 2021, we’ll temporarily close Reark Court at Porter Street. This will allow us to safely construct new drainage and build new pavement.
What to expect
- access in and out of Reark Court and properties at 64 to 80 Porter Street will be from Clarke Street only (see detour map below).
- lane closures and traffic management along Porter Street west of the roundabout
- works during standard construction hours 7am – 6pm Monday to Saturday
- night work between 7pm – 6am may be required at times during this period
- dust, noise and vibration from works will be monitored and managed during the works
- waste collection will continue as normal.
Working underground and overground
Following the successful conclusion of the Porter Street blitz we’ll continue works around the intersection of Porter Street and Fitzsimons Lane. We're adjusting the mound running between Clarke Street and Williamsons Road to fit in additional traffic lanes. We’re also upgrading stormwater drains which will require lane closures on Fitzsimons Lane, Williamsons Road and Porter Street.
We’ll also plan for gas relocations on the southern and northern legs of the roundabout. Gas relocations will take place later in the year with a lane closure.
Works will include:
- drainage works
- working behind barriers
- occasional lane closures
- building a barrier beside the Clarke Street mound.
Temporary bus stop changes
During the roundabout upgrade, we’ll need to relocate the Williamsons Road/Porter Street bus stop (city bound routes 282 and 905) to a new temporary site 150 metres further west.
See the below map for more information.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.