We're upgrading Fitzsimons Lane to make it easier and safer to get you where you need to be.
Porter Street 24/7 works blitz
From 8pm Wednesday 16 June to 5am Monday 19 July, we’ll work 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to relocate underground utility services, lay new road surface and complete drainage works.
Hawtin Street and Edwin Road will also be closed at Porter Street to allow service relocations to be completed in those areas. All access to Hawtin Street and all intersecting roads including Mandella Street will be from Foote Street. Access to Edwin Road will be via Read Street.
What to expect
- 24 hour works
- signed detours in place via Foote Street, Reynolds Road and Blackburn Road – see maps below
- delays of approximately 20-minutes expected along the detour route
- traffic controllers directing local traffic and speed reductions in place
- buses and emergency services will still be able to enter Porter Street from the roundabout
- local traffic only will be allowed access to the Templestowe Reserve and BlueCross Silverwood aged care from the Warrandyte direction
- entry to the Water Tunnel Car Wash and café will be from Fitzsimons Lane only
- entry to Hawtin Street will be from Foote Street only
- construction impacts such as noise, dust and vibration.
Hawtin and Porter St closure detour map. View a larger version of the map (PDF, 181.7 KB).
Night works at Porter Street roundabout
We’re upgrading the roundabout at the intersection of Porter Street, Williamsons Road and Fitzsimons Lane to traffic lights and relocating the iconic River Peel Sculpture closer to the Yarra River.
From 16 May to late June 2021, we’ll be working at night between 8pm and 6am, Sunday to Friday. Works include:
- removing the shrubs on the Porter Street roundabout for re-planting in the community
- relocating the River Peel Sculpture
- installing temporary traffic lights, barriers and street lighting
- removing centre medians and kerbs
- relocating the Williamsons Road/Porter Street bus stop (city bound routes 282 and 905) to a new temporary site 150 metres further west
- asphalting and line marking.
Once this work is complete, our team will still be able to work safely behind barriers. Please note, the intersection will still function as a roundabout.
What to expect
- construction impacts such as noise, dust and vibration
- speed reductions and lane closures
- changes to pedestrian access with detours in place to the nearest bus stops.
Dust and vibration will be monitored to ensure these impacts are kept to a minimum.
During this time, we’ll also be working during day behind barriers and at times we may need to close lanes to undertake work that cannot be done during the night.
Temporary bus stop changes
During the roundabout upgrade, we’ll need to relocate the Williamsons Road/Porter Street bus stop (city bound routes 282 and 905) to a new temporary site 150 metres further west.
See the below map for more information.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.