We’re upgrading Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road, as well as upgrading two Western Port Highway roundabouts to improve safety and journey reliability.
The Victorian Government is investing $223.3 million to upgrade 5.2 km of Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road, as well as upgrading two Western Port Highway roundabouts.
The project will:
- add an extra lane in each direction on Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road
- upgrade intersections at McCormicks Road, Taylors Rd, Western Port Highway and Evans Road with traffic lights to improve access and reduce the risk of crashes
- upgrade the existing intersection at Cranbourne-Frankston Road
- build a new shared walking and cycling path along Hall Road
- upgrade two Westernport Highway roundabouts at the intersections of Ballarto Road and Cranbourne Frankston Road with traffic lights to improve safety and manage traffic flow on and off the highway.
The project will improve journeys along Hall Road and make intersections at nearby Western Port Highway safer for Cranbourne locals and the broader community.
The four intersection upgrades will improve access, safety and reduce the risk of crashes.
The new shared walking and cycling paths along Hall Road will encourage physical activity and provide better lighting and landscaping to improve liveability in the area.
Upgrading two Western Port Highway roundabouts to traffic lights will better manage traffic flow and help reduce congestion along this busy stretch of road.
This project builds on improvements already underway including the duplication of Thompsons Road between Dandenong-Frankston Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road and the Hallam Road Upgrade.
The additional capacity along Hall Road will also complement the future upgrade of nearby Lathams Road, due to begin in 2020.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.