We’re upgrading Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road to ease congestion and make your journey safer and more reliable.
The Victorian and Commonwealth Governments have committed to upgrade Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Cranbourne-Frankston Road.
The project will:
- add an extra lane in each direction between McCormicks Road and Western Port Highway
- upgrade intersections at McCormicks Road, Taylors Road, Western Port Highway, Evans Road and Cranbourne Frankston Road to add capacity and improve traffic flow
- build new walking and cycling paths along Hall Road between McCormicks Road and Western Port Highway
- install centre median and kerb-side safety barriers between McCormicks Road and Western Port Highway.
- provide more reliable travel times in the Cranbourne and Carrum Downs area
- improve traffic flow and access to local facilities and streets through dedicated turning lanes
- make it easier and safer to walk and cycle along Hall Road
- Improve liveability in the area through better street lighting and landscaping
- improve safety and reduce the risk of crashes by installing centre median and kerb side safety barriers.
Site investigations (late 2020 until early to mid-2021)
As part of the ongoing planning and design process for the project, you may see workers carrying out technical investigations in the local area. This will make sure the project is ready for construction once all necessary planning approvals are in place.
These investigations are mostly taking place along the road reserve. We may need to access private land access from time to time. If we need to access your land, we’ll notify you directly.
While we work, we may need to temporarily close lanes and reduce speeds to help keep our work crew and the community safe.
While we’ll mostly work between 9.30am and 3pm, there may be times we’ll need to work at night to minimise traffic disruptions. We’ll keep noise to a minimum and make sure we perform the noisiest works at the beginning of the night.
For information about the nearby Western Port Highway Upgrade, view the Western Port Highway Upgrade project webpage.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.