We’re adding an extra lane between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive, upgrading intersections and building new walking and cycling paths.
As part of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- add two through lanes and two right turn lanes in each direction at the Heatherton Road intersection
- install traffic lights at Thomas Mitchell Drive
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Building the upgrade
In early July, the Premier announced a new Program Delivery Approach (PDA) for Major Road Projects Victoria’s $3bn pipeline of road construction projects to boost Victoria’s economy and create hundreds of jobs.
In December 2020 the contract to complete the works was awarded to Symal Infrastructure with early works set to begin in early 2021.
The key project milestones are:
- Jan 2021: Detailed design
- Mar 2021: Utilities relocation
- May 2021: Start of major works
- February 2023: Project completion.
Local traders looking to provide services for the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, can email us or call on 1800 105 105.
Early works starting Jan 2021
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.