We’re adding an extra lane between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive, upgrading intersections and building new walking and cycling paths.
As part of the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Heatherton Road and James Cook Drive
- add two through lanes and two right turn lanes in each direction at the Heatherton Road intersection
- install traffic lights at Thomas Mitchell Drive
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and ease congestion at the Heatherton Road intersection
- make it easier for you to get to the freeway network
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
For more information about the Hallam North and Heatherton Road Upgrade, visit Engage Victoria.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.