We’re upgrading Hallam Road between Ormond Road and the South Gippsland Highway to make your journey safer and more reliable.
The Hallam Road Upgrade will improve safety and traffic flow for the tens of thousands of people who rely on these roads every day.
The upgrade extends from Ormond Road to the South Gippsland Highway. This builds on the previous Hallam Road duplication that was completed in 2014 from Pound to Ormond Road.
As part of this upgrade, we will:
- add an extra lane in each direction on Hallam Road between Ormond Road and South Gippsland Highway
- upgrade the South Gippsland Highway, Hallam Road and Evans Road intersection by installing new traffic lights
- build new shared walking and cycling paths on both sides of Hallam Road, making it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around the local area
- install new bus queue jump lanes at the Hallam Road, South Gippsland Highway and Evans Road intersection, on both sides of the highway to give buses priority
- install new bus stops along Hallam Road and Evans Road to cater for future additional bus routes
- improve traffic flow and safety by changing Livingstone Rise and Alymer Road to left-in and out only
- install traffic lights at the SUEZ Resource Recovery Precinct to help manage trucks entering and exiting.
BMD has been awarded the contract for this project. Works started in early October 2018 and are due to finish in early 2020.
View this short video explaining the Hallam Road Upgrade
Extra lane in each direction
New traffic lights at South Gippsland Highway and Hallam Road intersection
New walking and cycling path
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.