We’re upgrading Hallam Road between Ormond Road and the South Gippsland Highway to make your journey safer and more reliable.
The utility protection works under Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway intersection are now complete and soon we can begin to:
- add a new lane in each direction on Hallam Road
- prepare the Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway intersection for new traffic lights
- reopen the left turn from Hallam Road onto South Gippsland Highway.
Hallam Road works
On the week commencing Monday 6 May we’ll work through the day from 7am to 6pm to progressively place roadside barriers on the east side of Hallam Road from Ormond Road to South Gippsland Highway.
There will be some day time noise, dust and vibration, which we’ll monitor and keep to a minimum.
South Gippsland Highway nightworks
We’ll be working at night from Monday 13 May to Wednesday 15 May 2019 between 7.30pm and 5.30am to relocate roadside barriers and place temporary line marking on South Gippsland Highway from 7 Eleven to Elliott Parade. This will enable us to safely shift traffic on South Gippsland Highway and keep two lanes of traffic open while we work behind the barriers.
There will be night time noise, dust and vibration, which we’ll monitor and keep to a minimum.
What to expect:
- speed reduction to 40km/h near the work area on Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway
- temporary lane closure on Hallam Road from Ormond Road to South Gippsland Highway
- reducing South Gippsland Highway to one lane in each direction in the work area
- temporary turning bans at the Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway will remain in place at this time.
In addition, to keep you and our workers safe during this time, we’ll need to close access to South Gippsland Highway from Hallam Road on Monday 13 May between 8.30pm and 5.30am. To keep up to date with the latest disruptions visit Victoria's Big Build.
Traffic management will be in place, with traffic controllers on site to assist drivers and pedestrians around the work. For your safety, please observe any signage and instructions from traffic management teams.
Right turning ban detours
On Tuesday 14 May 2019 we’ll reopen the left turn from Hallam Road onto South Gippsland Highway.
Detours around the site will be clearly signed and may add extra time to your journey.
To access Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway:
- Cars and trucks will be detoured via Lynbrook Boulevard or Pound Road
- Large and oversize vehicles will need to detour via Pound Road
Hallam Road business access
While we work, you can still shop locally at Diaco’s Discount Nursery and Garden Rock Supplies, Outlook Environmental and Lyndpark Garden Supplies on Hallam Road.
Access for trucks to SUEZ Hampton Park Resource Recovery Precinct and Holcim will remain.
Tree removal and trimming
To facilitate the new lane in each direction on Hallam Road and the upgrade of the Hallam Road and South Gippsland Highway intersection, we need to remove and trim some trees.
We’ve worked with arborists and ecologists to minimise impacts where possible.
In mid-May we’ll be removing and trimming trees on South Gippsland Highway.
All work will be completed during the day.
During this time:
- you may hear some daytime noise associated with equipment required to trim or remove trees
- there’ll be a small workforce located in and around the areas of work
- property access will be maintained at all times.
Thank you for your patience while we carry out these important upgrades to improve safety on our roads.
Contact us on 1800 105 105 or subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular updates.
We have a team that is dedicated to working with the community. They are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer any questions or concerns.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.