We’re adding an extra lane in each direction between Oliphant Way and Frankston-Dandenong Road, upgrading intersections, building a new bridge over Peninsula Link and installing safety barriers.
As part of the Lathams Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- upgrade the intersection at Frankston-Dandenong Road
- provide a right turn lane at Levida, Titan, Brett and Tova Drive
- widen the existing roundabouts at Oliphant Way and Frankston Gardens Drive
- install new traffic lights at the Stephensons Road and Colemans Road intersections
- build a new bridge over the Peninsula Link, adding a new lane in each direction over the freeway
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- enhance connectivity for the local community and businesses in Carrum Downs and Seaford
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Building the upgrade
In early July, the Premier announced a new Program Delivery Approach (PDA) for Major Road Projects Victoria’s $3bn pipeline of road construction projects to boost Victoria’s economy and create hundreds of jobs.
In December 2020 the contract to complete the works was awarded to Winslow Infrastructure. Early works on the project began in early 2021.
The key project milestones are:
- Jan 2021: Detailed design
- Mid 2021: Utilities relocation
- Late 2021: Start of major works
- Mid 2023: Project completion.
Local traders looking to provide services for the Lathams Road Upgrade can email us or call on 1800 105 105.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.