We're upgrading the M80 Ring Road from Laverton North to Greensborough.
What we've done
In May, we started major works to upgrade the M80 between Sydney Road and Edgars Road. You’ll notice that we’ve installed temporary traffic barriers and fencing, applied new line marking, reduced speed limits and set up work sites along the freeway.
- built temporary access tracks for construction vehicles and machinery
- relocated overhead power lines near the Mahoneys Road overpass
- removed three overhead signage structures
- realigned the Sydney Road Altona-bound exit ramp to prepare for future works.
What we're doing next
In June, we’ll:
- set up a small temporary site facility near the Edgars Road Greensborough-bound exit ramp
- set up three small work sites along the project boundary with fencing and lighting to relocate underground communications and power cabling
- continue removing trees and vegetation to make space for the new lanes and ramps
- install temporary communications cabling for the smart freeway management system
- use excavators and rollers to create temporary access tracks between the Hume Freeway and the Edgars Road Greensborough-bound entry and exit ramps
- drill and bore under two freeway ramps and Mahoneys Road to relocate communications and power cabling.
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.