We're upgrading the M80 Ring Road from Laverton North to Greensborough.
What we've done
- started removing the retaining wall between the Mahoneys Road overpass and Sydney Road
- excavated soil and rock from our work sites to prepare the ground for new lanes
- built temporary access tracks on both sides of the freeway
- relocated underground communications cabling near Sydney and Edgars roads.
What we're doing next
In August, we’ll:
- continue building access tracks and haulage roads behind the barriers on both sides of the freeway
- continue removing the retaining wall between Mahoneys and Sydney roads and start excavating to build a new retaining wall
- install temporary noise barriers behind residential properties between Hume Freeway and Edgars Road
- remove existing noise walls between the Hume Freeway and Edgars Road so we can build the new lanes and on and off ramps
- start piling near Edgars Road to build supports for the new on and off ramps.
Temporary noise barriers will be in place until the new noise walls are completed in early 2021.
- M80 Community update August 2020 (PDF, 222.0 KB)
- M80 Community update July 2020 (PDF, 337.2 KB)
- M80 Community update June 2020 (PDF, 276.6 KB)
- M80 Community update May 2020 (PDF, 435.6 KB)
- M80 Community update March 2020 (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- M80 Community update November 2019 (PDF, 369.4 KB)
- M80 Community update November 2019 - accessible version (DOCX, 24.2 KB)
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.