We're upgrading the M80 Ring Road from Laverton North to Greensborough.
Please refer to our Traffic page for information about upcoming traffic disruptions.
In September, we continued installing new noise walls between the Hume Freeway and Edgars Road. We also shifted and installed traffic barriers to create new work areas in the centre of the freeway and started asphalting and line marking works.
In October, we’ll start working in the centre of the freeway to build barriers around the supports under the Kathryn Street overpass, as well as underneath Mahoneys Road and Industrial Avenue.
We’ll also continue:
- setting up new work areas in the centre of the freeway
- building the new entry and exit ramps at Edgars Road
- installing overhead signage structures between Sydney Road and Edgars Road
- installing permanent traffic barriers and laying new asphalt on the freeway between Sydney Road and Edgars Road
- installing communication, lighting and power infrastructure, drainage and landscaping along the freeway.
In October, works will need to happen at night and over some weekends so we can safely complete works behind barriers and minimise impacts on traffic and utility services. If these works need to happen near you, we’ll let you know in advance.
- M80 construction update September 2021 (PDF File, 517.8 KB)
- M80 construction update August 2021 (PDF File, 429.7 KB)
- M80 construction update July 2021 (PDF File, 698.4 KB)
- M80 construction update June 2021 (PDF File, 273.9 KB)
- M80 construction update May 2021 (PDF File, 988.7 KB)
- M80 construction update April 2021 (PDF File, 2.0 MB)
- M80 construction update March 2021 (PDF File, 737.1 KB)
- M80 construction update February 2021 (PDF File, 2.2 MB)
- M80 construction update January 2021 (PDF File, 994.9 KB)
For more information see our latest fact sheet:
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.