We're adding extra lanes to the Monash Freeway between Warrigal and Cardinia Roads to make your journey quicker, easier and safer.
Stage 2 update
Works are ramping up on the Monash Freeway as we continue transforming this vital transport corridor.
What we’re doing
Over the coming months construction works will include:
- trimming and removing some vegetation in the centre median and along the freeway corridor
- investigations to locate underground services
- removing existing asphalt behind safety barriers
- excavating, boring and piling (digging vertically into the ground)
- building the foundations and protection barriers for the new overhead electronic signage
- preparing the bridges for widening at Police, Jacksons, Forster, Ferntree Gully and Officer South roads and also at Lower Gum Scrub Creek and Cardinia Creek
- installing bridge beams at Police and Jacksons roads and at Cardinia Creek, to widen the existing bridges
- removing gantries which span the freeway, so we can add new lanes in the centre median
- installing new overhead gantries which will have built in on-road smart technology
- earthworks and building the foundations for the new road connecting the Jacksons Road outbound entry ramp to EastLink and the new Police Road outbound entry ramp to the freeway
- excavation at the Beaconsfield interchange
- relocating services on O’Shea Road
- establishing traffic management and installing safety barriers on O’Shea Road.
What you can expect
Work hours will be between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday and 7pm and 5am, Sunday to Friday, weather permitting.
There may be times we need to work outside these hours to minimise traffic impacts and keep you and our workers safe. If this occurs, residents near the works will be notified in advance.
During construction we’ll close freeway lanes and ramps. We'll also close sections of the freeway and roads which cross the freeway. These closures will be overnight and at off-peak periods with detours in place and communicated in advance.
There will be speed reductions in place and changed traffic conditions. For more information about disruptions, visit Victoria’s Big Build.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.