Adding extra lanes to the Monash Freeway between Warrigal Road and Koo Wee Rup Road.
As part of Stage 2 of the Monash Freeway Upgrade, we will:
- duplicate and widen O’Shea Road between Clyde Road and Soldiers Road
- extend O’Shea Road so it joins the Beaconsfield Interchange
- upgrade the Beaconsfield Interchange to a full diamond interchange
- add an inbound freeway off-ramp and an outbound freeway on-ramp to the interchange
- add traffic lights at Skyline Way, Bridgewater Boulevard and Soldiers Road
- upgrade the traffic lights at Clyde Road
- build shared walking and cycling paths on O’Shea Road.
When we complete the upgrade, it will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- make it easier to travel around your local area and join the freeway
- give you better access to residential developments and employment hubs in the south-east
- make it easier and safer to walk and cycle around your local area
- improve the flow of public transport.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.