We’ll build the new Mordialloc Freeway to link the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the Dingley Bypass. This will create one continuous freeway from Frankston to Clayton.
As part of the Mordialloc Freeway project, we will:
- build bridges over Springvale, Governor, Lower Dandenong and Centre Dandenong Roads, along with new freeway entry and exit ramps
- build bridges over Old Dandenong Road and sensitive waterways area
- connect the freeway to Dingley Bypass with traffic lights
- upgrade the existing interchange at Thames Promenade, Chelsea, with the Mornington Peninsula Freeway, along with freeway entry and exit ramps
- build a new shared walking and cycling path along the entire freeway.
CPB/Seymour Whyte Joint Venture and McConnell Dowell/Decmil Joint Venture have submitted tenders to build the $375 million project. We’ll announce the preferred contractor in early 2019.
We expect to start work by the end of 2019 and complete the project by the end of 2021.
9kms of freeway linking Morning Peninsula Freeway to Springvale Road
Building entry and exit interchanges at Springvale, Governor, Lower Dandenong and Centre Dandenong Roads
Undergoing an EES to consider potential environmental, social, economic and cultural impacts
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.