We’re building the new Mordialloc Freeway to connect the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the Dingley Bypass.
The current stage of works includes:
- building the new shared walking and cycling path and temporarily closing or detouring pedestrian paths affected by our works
- installing the noise walls next to residential properties
- installing the fences next to Braeside Park to help minimise impacts to local wildlife
- finishing the bridges at Old Dandenong Road, Centre Dandenong Road, Lower Dandenong Road, Governor Road, Springvale Road and over the Waterways wetlands, including building a concrete deck and the road surface on top of the beams, installing safety barriers and lighting, laying asphalt and line marking.
- finishing the new entry and exit ramps at Thames Promenade
- installing the permanent safety barriers on the Freeway
- installing new directional signs on existing roads for the Freeway
- finishing landscaping along the Freeway
- installing and moving temporary safety barriers to keep the community and our workers safe
- making small changes to local roads, including:
- changing line marking
- closing lanes
- widening roads where they intersect with our work area.
We’ll carry out most of these works from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday and from 7am to 3.30pm on Saturdays. We’ll let you know in advance of work outside of these hours.
There may be minor traffic delays while we complete the work so please allow extra time for your journey.
Weather may affect our progress. Stay up to date on upcoming disruptions by visiting Victoria's Big Build.
Lower Dandenong Road
We’ll close Lower Dandenong Road in both directions between Redwood Drive and Sandleford Place to complete asphalting works at various times in September and October.
The road will be closed continuously from:
- 6am, Monday 20 September to 7pm, Thursday 23 September, then again from
- 6am, Monday 27 September to 7am, Saturday 2 October.
We’ll then close lanes on Lower Dandenong Road overnight from 8pm to 5am each night between Monday 4 October and Thursday 7 October.
Detours will be in place via Centre Dandenong Road and Governor Road while we work.
We’ll maintain access to Howard Road and Woodlands Drive via Centre Dandenong, Mills and Malcolm roads during these times.
We’ll maintain access to properties on Lower Dandenong Road via Springvale Road. Traffic controllers will be in place to guide you through the area.
We’ll now close Governor Road between Bate Drive and Burdekin Boulevard between 6am to 6pm on Monday 6 and Tuesday 7 September to carry out asphalting works.
We’ll then close the road continuously from 6am, Wednesday 9 September to 6pm, Saturday 11 September.
Finally, we’ll close the road overnight between 8pm and 6am on Sunday 12 September.
Detours will be in place via Springvale Road and Lower Dandenong Road while the road is closed.
There will also be overnight lane closures on Governor Road in the same area between 7pm and 3am on Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 September.
Bowen Parkway between Wells Road and Island Point Avenue will be closed on Saturday 18 September from 7am to 3pm while we paint the bridge and remove safety barriers.
Detours will be in place via Wells, Governor and Springvale roads.
We’ll close Springvale Road in both directions between Wells and Pillars roads to complete asphalting works between 8pm and 6am each night from Tuesday 14 September to Thursday 23 September and Sunday 26 September to Wednesday 29 September.
We'll need to close the access to the Mornington Peninsula Freeway while we work. Drivers looking to turn southbound onto the freeway should detour via Wells Road and Thames Promenade.
Detours will be in place via Wells Road and Governor Road during both of these closures.
There will be bus stop closures and detours in place for Route 902 bus services while we work. Please visit ptv.vic.gov.au for more information and to plan your journey.
Mornington Peninsula Freeway
We’ll close carriageways on the Mornington Peninsula Freeway between Springvale Road and Thames Promenade to complete asphalting works in early October.
The northbound carriageway will be closed from 9pm, Friday 1 October until 5am, Monday 4 October.
We’ll then close the southbound carriageway from 9pm, Friday 8 October until 5am, Monday 11 October.
Detours will be in place via Wells Road and Thames Promenade. Northbound traffic on the Mornington Peninsula Freeway can also exit early at Frankston-Dandenong Road and detour via Greens and Hutton Road.
More information about our current works is available through our new interactive map below.
To see some of the work we’ve completed, view the Image gallery.
Thank you for your patience as we improve travel times and ease congestion in Melbourne’s south east.
We’re working to minimise the impact of our works on the local community. Find out more by reading our factsheets.
If you have any questions about our works, please call 1800 105 105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide an email subscription service for our projects, which will provide you with timely notifications about planned works and disruptions. You can sign up to receive updates at the bottom of this page.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.