We’ll build the new Mordialloc Freeway to link the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to the Dingley Bypass. This will create one continuous freeway from Frankston to Clayton.
About the Freeway
The new 9km freeway will connect the Mornington Peninsula Freeway at Springvale Road to the Dingley Bypass and will create a continuous freeway from Frankston to Clayton.
As part of the Mordialloc Freeway we’ll:
- build bridges over Springvale, Governor, Lower Dandenong and Centre Dandenong Roads, including new freeway entry and exit ramps
- build bridges over Old Dandenong Road and the sensitive waterways area
- connect the freeway to Dingley Bypass with traffic lights
- upgrade the existing interchange at Thames Promenade, Chelsea, with the Mornington Peninsula Freeway to provide freeway entry and exit ramps
- build a new shared walking and cycling path along the entire freeway.
Building the Freeway
In May 2018, CPB/Seymour Whyte Joint Venture and McConnell Dowell/Decmil Joint Venture were shortlisted to submit tenders.
The two preferred contractors submitted their bids in early October. The project team is currently evaluating the tenders, with a preferred contractor scheduled to be announced in January 2019.
Construction is due to start in mid-2019 and be complete at the end of 2021.
Proposed freeway map
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.