We’re improving how you travel through Cranbourne to make it easier and safer for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists to get around.
As part of the Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Thompsons Road and the South Gippsland Highway
- install traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Thompsons Road and Berwick-Cranbourne Road
- install new traffic lights at the South Gippsland Highway intersection, Majestic Boulevard and Lyall Street
- install new traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing south of Hunt Club Boulevard
- upgrade intersections at Kingdom Drive, Linsell Boulevard and Rochester Parade
- build new shared walking and cycling paths
- install safety barriers along the road.
Narre Warren-Cranbourne Road will become the straight-through movement when travelling north from South Gippsland Highway, reducing traffic on Cranbourne’s High Street and improving how you travel through Cranbourne.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- reduce traffic on South Gippsland Highway
- improve access around Cranbourne town centre
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
Opportunities for local businesses
As part of the Government’s COVID-19 response, we’re focused on creating opportunities for local businesses and jobseekers throughout construction.
If you’re a local business looking to contribute to this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org,
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.