We’re upgrading Narre Warren North Road between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road to improve safety and travel times.
The Victorian and Federal Governments have committed to upgrade Narre Warren North Road between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road.
The project will:
- build an extra lane in each direction between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road
- upgrade the Heatherton Road and Ernst Wanke Road intersections
- improve safety by adding new traffic lights to the Memorial Drive intersection and installing safety barriers
- modify the Brundrett Road and Crawley Road intersections to improve safety
- upgrade existing and build new walking and cycling paths to improve connectivity.
Construction is scheduled to start in late 2021 and be completed in 2023.
Narre Warren North Road is a key north south link for Melbourne’s south east.
By adding new lanes and upgrading key intersections, the project will improve safety for the 14,000 people who use this road each day.
The project will also create 96 new jobs during construction and once complete will enable a further 239 jobs to be created.
During March 2021, we shared the project’s draft designs with the community. We received some valuable feedback, which will help us to further refine and finalise the project designs.
A report summarising the feedback we received will be available here in May 2021. The final designs will be shared with the community later this year.
Construction of the Narre Warren North Road Upgrade is scheduled to start in late 2021.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.