The Victorian Government has invested $2.2 billion to improve 13 roads in the northern and south eastern outer suburbs, to make it quicker, easier and safer to get to where you need to be.
As part of the Northern Roads Upgrade we will:
- add an extra lane in each direction to Childs Road in Mill Park between Beaumont Crescent and Prince of Wales Avenue, with a new bridge over Darebin Creek
- add an extra lane in each direction to Sunbury Road in Sunbury, between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest Road, with a new bridge over Jacksons Creek
- add an extra lane in each direction to Epping Road in Epping, between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue
- add an extra lane in each direction to Bridge Inn Road in Doreen, between Plenty Road and Yan Yean Road, with a new bridge over Plenty River
- add an extra lane in each direction along Craigieburn Road in Craigieburn, between Mickleham Road and the Hume Highway
- upgrade intersections along Fitzsimons Lane in Templestowe and Eltham, and installing traffic lights at Leane Drive and Main Road in Eltham
- add an extra lane in each direction to Yan Yean Road in Yarrambat, from Kurrak Road to Bridge Inn Road.
Visit your.roadprojects.vic.gov.au to find out more about the Northern Roads Upgrade.
Yan Yean Road Stage 2 Upgrade
Environment Effects Statement (EES) update
We’re committed to minimising impacts on the local environment and heritage. Extensive planning studies will be undertaken to help inform state and federal government approvals.
On 14 October 2018, the Minister for Planning decided that an Environmental Effects Statement (EES) is required for the Yan Yean Road Stage 2 Upgrade. The referral and decision are available on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website.
An EES is a formal process that looks at the potential environmental, social, cultural and economic impacts of a project and how they will be managed. As part of the process you’ll have the opportunity to review and comment on key documents.
In addition to the EES process in Victoria, this project will be assessed by the Australian Government under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity 1999 Act (EPBC Act). We lodged a EPBC referral in December 2018.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.