We’re adding an extra lane on Epping Road between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue, installing new traffic lights at Park Street, upgrading intersections and building better walking and cycling connections.
Epping Road update
We expect to award a contract in early 2020 with construction to start on the Northern Roads Upgrade from mid-to-late 2020. We’ll know more about the exact timing of the Epping Road Upgrade early next year.
See the Epping Road Upgrade November 2019 Community Update for the latest project news.
As part of the Epping Road Upgrade, we’ll:
- add an extra lane in each direction between Craigieburn Road East and Memorial Avenue
- install new traffic lights at Park Street
- upgrade existing intersections in the area
- upgrade the pedestrian traffic lights at Taggerty Grove
- build a new shared walking and cycling path
- add on-road bicycle lanes
- install safety barriers along the road.
Why Epping Road?
More than 27,000 people use Epping Road every day.
For several growing suburbs, the road connects you to residential areas, local services, jobs and businesses. It’s also one of the main routes for freight in the Epping and Craigieburn areas.
Upgrading the road means traffic will flow better, roads will be safer and you can get to where you need to go sooner.
This upgrade will:
- improve traffic flow and travel times
- provide better north-south road connectivity
- provide easier access to jobs and services, including the Epping activity centre, increasing liveability and commercial development opportunities for the Wollert area
- make it easier and safer for you to walk or cycle around your local area
- lower the risk and severity of crashes by adding safety barriers.
In September and October 2018, we shared our proposed design of the Epping Road Upgrade and received over 180 pieces of feedback. We then provided this feedback to the project team who used it to refine the proposed design.
For more information about what we heard visit the Epping Road engagement hub.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.