Major works are now complete on the O’Herns Road Upgrade. We’ve opened all new lanes on O’Herns Road and the interchange to the Hume Freeway.
Major works are now complete on the O’Herns Road Upgrade.
We've upgraded O'Herns Road in two stages.
As part of Stage 1, we upgraded the O’Herns Road and High Street intersection with traffic lights and built on-road bike lanes to connect to nearby shared walking and cycling paths. Stage 1 was completed in early 2019.
Construction on Stage 2 of the O'Herns Road Upgrade started in September 2019.
As part of the upgrade, we built:
- a new interchange with direct access to the Hume Freeway
- one new lane in each direction on O’Herns Road between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- new traffic light intersections at Edgars Road and Gateway Boulevard
- a wider bridge over the Hume Freeway to improve traffic flow to the new interchange
- a new and upgraded walking cycling path and on-road bicycle lane.
We’ve installed new traffic lights at the future Koukoura Drive intersection. Finishing works on the northern side of the intersection will continue until later this year. The remaining connection will be built by Development Victoria.
Construction started in February 2018
$103 million investment
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email and SMS updates for this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.