We’ve added traffic lights at the O’Herns Road and High Street intersection. As part of the next stage of the project, we’re building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway.
What we're doing
During February and March, we’ll continue:
- widening O’Herns Road
- building the new on and off ramps to the Hume Freeway
- excavating the ground, installing drainage and relocating services for the new intersection at Gateway Boulevard Piling to build concrete supports for the cycling and pedestrian bridge over Edgars Creek
- locating and safely excavating underground services, including electricity, gas, water, sewerage and telecommunications
- working on the major drainage structures for the new intersections at Koukoura Drive and Edgars Road
- widening the northbound lanes of the Hume Freeway
- building a retaining wall between Blainey Crescent and Redding Rise
- relocating a water main along O'Herns Road, near Quinlan Road.
We’ll also start:
- building the new intersections at Koukoura Drive and Gateway Boulevard
- extending the cycling and pedestrian path under the bridge
- widening the underpass beneath the O’Herns Road bridge
- relocating overhead powerlines across the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road.
Staging the works
Works on Stage 2 involve the establishment of multiple worksites between Redding Rise and the Hume Freeway.
On O’Herns Road we’ll build three new traffic light intersections at Koukoura Drive, Edgars Road and Gateway Boulevard, install new drainage at Edgars Creek, Edgars Road and Koukoura Drive and relocate services.
We’ll then build new lanes on O’Herns Road between Redding Rise and the Hume Freeway, finish installing the traffic lights, complete drainage at Edgars Creek and Koukoura Drive, asphalting to connect Gateway Boulevard and upgrade the shared walking and cycling path. At the same time, we’ll also widen the bridge over the Hume Freeway and build new on and off-ramps to the freeway.
Community update newsletters
- O'Herns Road Upgrade February 2020 community update (PDF File, 197.8 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade December 2019 community update - accessible version (MS Word Document, 27.1 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade December 2019 community update (PDF File, 795.7 KB)
- O'Hern's Road Upgrade November 2019 community update - accessible version (MS Word Document, 24.4 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade November 2019 community update (PDF File, 153.2 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade October 2019 community update - accessible version (MS Word Document, 24.5 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade October 2019 community update (PDF File, 138.4 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade August 2019 update - accessible version.docx (MS Word Document, 25.2 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade August 2019 update.pdf (PDF File, 969.9 KB)
- O'Herns Road Upgrade July 2019 update.pdf (PDF File, 718.7 KB)
- OHerns Road Upgrade February 2019 community update_accessible.docx (MS Word Document, 16.4 KB)
- OHerns Road Upgrade February 2019 community update.pdf (PDF File, 1.0 MB)
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project.
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.