We’re upgrading the O’Herns Road and High Street intersection to improve traffic flow and building a new interchange at the Hume Freeway.
Once we complete the upgrade at the High Street intersection, we’ll duplicate O’Herns Road, build three new intersections, develop an interchange at the Hume Freeway and add extra lanes between O’Herns Road and Cooper Street.
As part of the upgrade at the Hume Freeway interchange, we will:
- build a full diamond interchange at O’Herns Road to give you direct access to the Hume Freeway
- widen O’Herns Road bridge over the Hume Freeway to help improve traffic flow to the new interchange and match the 4 lane section between Redding Rise and Epping Road
- add one lane in each direction on O’Herns Road between the Hume Freeway and Redding Rise
- add one new lane in each direction on the Hume Freeway between Cooper Street and O’Herns Road
- connect the shared walking and cycling paths on O’Herns Road from Redding Rise to the Hume Freeway and continuing on-road bike lanes on O’Herns Road.
Sign up for updates
Sign up to receive email updates regarding this project
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for submitting your feedback on the website.
There was an error submitting the form.